- Don’t bother with market research, because you just know lots of people are itching to buy your new product.
- Only release the product once it is perfect. However long that takes.
- Go into a market with very strong competition and compete with them head-on, because you only need a measly 1% of this market to get rich.
- Go into a market with no competition. How hard can creating a new market and educating all the potential customers be?
- Only think about marketing once the code is nearly complete.
- Write software for people who can’t or won’t buy software (e.g. 10 year olds, prisoners, Linux fanatics, people in developing countries, developers).
- Don’t worry about marketing, because good software sells itself.
- Concentrate on the technology and impressing other developers.
- Don’t listen to what your customers say, because you know best.
- Don’t worry about usability. It took you thousands of hours to write…
View original post 42 mots de plus